The “Guldenschlucht” (florin gorge) is an impressive V-shaped valley with a tiny creek and enormous mottled sandstone boulders. The Saar-Moselle hiking trail leads through the gorge, passing over numerous little bridges and stairs, from Saarland to Rhineland-Palatinate. The canyon forest is primarily composed of beech trees. The gorge is also home to fire salamanders.
This modern family-friendly public pool is one of the most beautiful open air pools in the northern part of Saarland. It’s especially popular for its good water quality, the peaceful atmosphere, and the beautiful surrounding nature, all of which invite young and old to spend relaxing moments here.
In 2007, between the Theel stream and the high track of the orbital road, the Asian garden was completed. It was created based on the model of traditional Chinese gardens. It is unique in the Saarland. The terrain of 2,400qm was laid out in the course of employment and qualification measures by asylum seekers.
Vacant two storey industrial building of 750 m². Two large roller shutter doors for HGV access on the ground floor. Seven metre high floor-to-ceiling pillars every four metres. Different sized rooms (200 m² / 30 m²) on the first floor. No support columns on the second floor (room size: 750 m², ceiling height: 2,5 m). Great view of the city of Nancy.
This bar/café/store is located in the heart of the small town of Scy-Chazelles, a few steps away from the Maison Robert Schuman (museum dedicated to the French statesman considered to be one of the founders of the European Union).
Historic avenue with historic houses in the heart of Luxembourg City. Lined up like pearls on a string, the magnificent Belle Époque buildings on Avenue de la Liberté lead to the Place de Metz, which is dominated by a beautiful bank building with an opulent, turret-adorned façade.
With a city layout that is unique in the Saarland, with its Baroque architecture, its pedestrian zone, its medicinal treatment and cure programmes and, not to forget, its delicious gastronomy, beautiful Blieskastel meets all the requirements to fulfil most wishes. It's the place to experience living history.
Becker Tower, the Becker Brewery's former brewhouse, was erected between 1925 and 1931 according to plans by a governmental master builder from Stuttgart, Hans Herkommer, who had risen to architectural fame in 1920s Germany for his building of Catholic churches.
The library of the Benedictine Abbey of Saint-Mihiel was founded in Carolingian times. The first manuscripts and books were collected and assembled by order of the church. With the invention of the printing press in the 15th century, the compilation grew rapidly.
Better known for its battlefields, Verdun also boasts an invaluable architectural heritage, to which the Episcopal Palace is a magnificent testimony. In his memoirs, the Duke of Saint-Simon (the first Bishop of Verdun) describes the building as the biggest and most splendid episcopal palace in France. It stands next to the Cathedral of Verdun with its cloister which, reminiscent of an acropolis, dominate the cityscape.
Der Bohnental-Rundwanderweg verbindet die fünf Orte des Bohnentals: Scheuern, Neipel, Dorf im Bohnental, Lindscheid und Überroth-Niederhofen. Zuwege von allen Ortsteilen sind angelegt. Die Wanderung geht über hügeliges Gelände mit mehreren Steigungen und ist als mittelschwer einzustufen.
Bunker 316, at the foot of Saarbrücken's Halberg, is one of the last entirely preserved bunkers of the original Siegfried Line, a line of defensive military fortifications, also called the Westwall. The Regelbau bunker type 108b MG embrasure with MG casemate, flanking installation, and periscope was built 226 times.
Coming up an alley lined with gnarled, windswept trees, you will find an odd pair perched on the hilltop above the vineyards of the small village of Remerschen: a wind turbine and, next to it, a concrete construction shaped like an oversized mushroom.
Ancient Roman copper mine gallery with original inscriptions, carved in stone, dating back to the 3rd century. Historical system of galleries, cut almost horizontally into the steep rock slope. Some parts of the mine are secured with modern support technology. Ore mining in the middle ages, primarily extraction of Azurite, a copper carbonate mineral (used as a blue pigment and a major source of the blue colour employed by medieval painters). This special hue of azure, a favourite of Albrecht Dürer's, for example, is also called "Wallerfanger Blue" after the municipality of Wallerfangen.
The Erbsenweiher, also known as Erbsenthalweiher (%u201CWeiher%u201D is German for pond), owes its name to the former Erbsenthal estate, which is situated between the communes of Sturzelbronn and Éguelshardt. More precisely, it comprises the terrain between the wooded hills of the Biesenberg (376 m), the Abstberg (375 m), the Erbsenberg (402 m) and the Rothenberg (358 m). The Erbsenthal estate has its origin in the Rothenbach creek bed, swollen with the waters of the Moosbach creek and the Zinsel river. It extends over an area of 33 ½ hectares on both sides of the Zinsel: the left bank belongs to the commune of Sturzelbronn (24,5 hectares) while the right bank is part of the commune of Éguelshardt (9 hectares). The Erbsenweiher has a water surface of 5,5 hectares. It is situated 500 metres downstream from a pond formed by the Rothenbach creek on the height of the Biesenberg forest lodge.
The Escape Room offers rooms of strategy games with the following topics:
- the curse of the pharaoh (Egyptian flair)
- the game (gloomy and dirty room, like the room from the first scene from SAW 1)
- Jack the Ripper (London 18th century)
The historic estate Furpach and the adjoining pond are a popular destination for a weekend getaway. The pond was created as a fish pond in 1564 by filling up a dam. From 1806, the Karcher manufacturing family attended to the estate, which was taken over by the industrial community of Neunkirchen in 1904. In 1960, the entire terrain was placed at the disposal of the public as a recreational area, and since 1970, it is a nature preserve.
Located on a small plaza in a traffic-reduced zone in the heart of Ettelbruck, the railway station is in direct vicinity of the city's commercial centre and an adjoining pedestrian zone. The historic two-storey building has a stone façade.
During the course of the 1990s, a 40 hectare complex emerged on the grounds of the former Neunkirchen Ironworks, boasting marvellous monuments and relicts from the heyday of the iron and steel industry.
the building which formerly housed the Wallerfangen town hall (and today serves as an elementary school) was commissioned a century ago by Adolf von Galhau, the town´s mayor at the time. Elongated building structure with tree-lined gravel forecourt.
Die Brunnenanlage in Hüttersdorf befindet sich an der Straßenecke Berliner Straße – Primsweiler Straße. Sie dient der Aufwertung des Ortsbildes im Bereich der Hauptstraße des Ortes. Die Konstruktion ist aus mehreren Hügeln, die aus Primswacken und Beton bestehen, errichtet.
Der Punkt Bammerscht ist ein Aussichtsplateau im Ortsteil Auschet in der Gemeinde Schmelz. Das Hochplateau bietet einen einzigartigen Ausblick in das nördliche Saarland, vor allem in das Gebiet des Schwarzwälder Hochwald. Auch das Bohnental und der Schaumberg sind gut zu erkennen.
The customs house was built in the 17th century for levying bridge tolls. Later, it served as workers' house for the iron-smelting plant "Bettinger Schmelze". Today, there is a museum with conference rooms and a council hall.
Surrounded by contemporary housing, the historic 700 year old castle complex with defence tower is situated on a rather little frequented road in the town centre of Rittersdorf in Rhineland-Palatinate. A wooden bridge leads across the moat, which encircles the castle, and into the paved courtyard.
Self-serve car wash located at the end of a cul-de-sac road in an industrial park in the small suburb of Herforst. The low-rise flat roof multi-bay building stands on asphalt ground. There is also a small separate repair shed. Overall, a very rural location with the industrial park, small businesses and woodland in the background.
Exuding a rather sedate, veteran ambiance, this train station (with classic transit area, ticket counters and adjoining platform) is located right next to an industrial zone, in the heart of the small village of Mersch.
Next to the former Velsen coal mine, in a variegated sandstone slope, 30 meters high, face lines of a total length of 700 meters were driven onto 3 levels and technically set up in such a way that the underground area and equipment exactly resemble the environment and infrastructure of a coal mine.
The Lycée Technique Agricole (LTA) a vocational school for agricultural professions, is located slightly outside of the centre of Ettelbruck, in an impressive historic building ensemble which dates back to the fin de siècle.
this wreck yard is situated next to the former Schleifmühle train station, at the edge of a forest. The fenced in and locked up terrain spans over 5.000 m². Two-storey factory hall, spare parts inventory, office, break room, bathroom. Dismantling hall with two scissor lifts, garage, storage racks for motors. Pallet cages and containers for separating recyclable materials.