The restaurant and event location “Onkel Toms Hütte” is named after Harriet Beecher Stowe’s classic American novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin. It is located in the historic center of Ottweiler.

The district town of Merzig and its sights are situated on the river Saar, approximately 35 km south of Trier and 35 km northwest of Saarbrücken.

Children’s playground in Schmelz (Goldbach) with various kinds of play equipment.

Outdoor pool in an exceptionally picturesque setting with wonderful view of the surroundings. Built on the western flank of a hill, it overlooks the town of Kleinblittersdorf.

The climbing park is located just outside the Jägersburg disctrict in the city of Homburg.

high ropes course

The „Kaltensteinpfad“, a Premium hiking trail labelled „Traumschleife“ (dream loop), has the shape of the figure eight. It leads past a historic horse trough, surrounded by majestic beech trees, the two “Kaltensteine”, impressive rock formations, and then up to the Hoxberg summit, whose 7,8 km long ascent is rather steep and strenuous. Different types of forest (e.g. primeval forest, enchanted forest) still show signs of the enormous destruction caused by two hurricanes in 1990. The Kaltenstein hiking trail is considered to be of intermediate difficulty; it was awarded 56 points by the German Hiking Institute (Deutsches Wanderinstitut).

The courtyard of the estate in Neunkirchen-Furpach is reminiscent of a historic market square. Idyllic location with park and pond (Furpacher Weiher).

The “Home of the Canes” is the only original American Football field in Saarland.

In the baroque historic centre of Blieskastel stands the most prominent fountain in town, Hercules’ Fountain. Johann Simon Rosinus, governor to the barons von der Leyen had it built in 1691, which makes it the oldest fountain still preserved to this day in Blieskastel. It dates back to the era of the Reunion policy of the French monarchy under Louis XIV (1679-1697), when Blieskastel was a French "Saar province". In the course of the centuries, the fountain had to be rebuilt several times. The Hercules statue which adorns it today is said to be the sixth. It is the work of the local sculptor Joachim Kisch, who created it in 1954 as a faithful copy of the predecessor model.