the Borny quarter lies east of Metz and represents a classic example of 1960s urban planning.
Le Bateau Livre is an antiquarian book shop located in a small freestanding house in the heart of Vigy
The casern of the 4th Cuirassier Regiment of Bitche is built in a German architectural style during the mid 19th century. It consists of pink sandstone.
the historic city hall is situated in the very heart of the Old Town of Metz, on one of the citys main squares, the Place d`Armes, which measures 2800 m².
18th century town hall whose clock tower is capped by a bulbous spire. The building´s hall of fame features various frescoes painted by a local artist from the 1920s.
Today, the old lock house, which dates back to 1876, is used as an office building by the Metz subdivision of the French Navigation Authority (Voies Navigables de France).
The bus terminal was built in 1964 and has since remained virtually unchanged (on the outside as well as on the inside). The building has been renovated and is still in use as a bus terminal.
the Canner Valley historic railway line dates back to the time between 1900 and 1950.
the Abreschviller Forest Railway is a scenic narrow gauge railway line which passes through the Donon Massif in the Vosges Mountains.
Hackenberg Fortress is the largest fortification on the Maginot Line with underground corridors exceeding 10 km in length, 19 artillery combat blocks and anti-tank ditches measuring over 800 m in w