The „Kaltensteinpfad“, a Premium hiking trail labelled „Traumschleife“ (dream loop), has the shape of the figure eight. It leads past a historic horse trough, surrounded by majestic beech trees, the two “Kaltensteine”, impressive rock formations, and then up to the Hoxberg summit, whose 7,8 km long ascent is rather steep and strenuous. Different types of forest (e.g. primeval forest, enchanted forest) still show signs of the enormous destruction caused by two hurricanes in 1990. The Kaltenstein hiking trail is considered to be of intermediate difficulty; it was awarded 56 points by the German Hiking Institute (Deutsches Wanderinstitut).

The courtyard of the estate in Neunkirchen-Furpach is reminiscent of a historic market square. Idyllic location with park and pond (Furpacher Weiher).

The “Home of the Canes” is the only original American Football field in Saarland.

In the baroque historic centre of Blieskastel stands the most prominent fountain in town, Hercules’ Fountain. Johann Simon Rosinus, governor to the barons von der Leyen had it built in 1691, which makes it the oldest fountain still preserved to this day in Blieskastel. It dates back to the era of the Reunion policy of the French monarchy under Louis XIV (1679-1697), when Blieskastel was a French "Saar province". In the course of the centuries, the fountain had to be rebuilt several times. The Hercules statue which adorns it today is said to be the sixth. It is the work of the local sculptor Joachim Kisch, who created it in 1954 as a faithful copy of the predecessor model.

This modern family-friendly public pool is one of the most beautiful open air pools in the northern part of Saarland. It’s especially popular for its good water quality, the peaceful atmosphere, and the beautiful surrounding nature, all of which invite young and old to spend relaxing moments here.

The historic estate Furpach and the adjoining pond are a popular destination for a weekend getaway. The pond was created as a fish pond in 1564 by filling up a dam. From 1806, the Karcher manufacturing family attended to the estate, which was taken over by the industrial community of Neunkirchen in 1904. In 1960, the entire terrain was placed at the disposal of the public as a recreational area, and since 1970, it is a nature preserve.

The “Guldenschlucht” (florin gorge) is an impressive V-shaped valley with a tiny creek and enormous mottled sandstone boulders. The Saar-Moselle hiking trail leads through the gorge, passing over numerous little bridges and stairs, from Saarland to Rhineland-Palatinate. The canyon forest is primarily composed of beech trees. The gorge is also home to fire salamanders.

Der Gänseweg bietet neben der einmaligen Natur auch Einblicke in die vielfältige Kulturgeschichte des Bliesgaus.

Der Erzgräberweg ist einer der Saar-Lor-Lux-Kulturwanderwege und führt zu den Zeugnissen der vorindustriellen Erzverhüttung in Schmelz. Startpunkt ist der Wanderparkplatz „Dreihausen" (Ambetstraße). Der Weg führt entlang des Sollbaches zu den aufgelassenen Erzgruben, die aufgrund ihrer Größe das Ausmaß der Abbautätigkeit erkennen lassen.

tattoo studio in Saarbrücken-Dudweiler